Frequently Asked Questions
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent various injuries and conditions through physical means. Physiotherapists are specialists in human movement, having a range of skills that can assist the patient in their movement related disorders thereby assisting in their recovery.
Physiotherapy can include these skills like
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs
- electrophysical agents like heat and ultrasound to accelerate your healing and to decrease pain and stiffness as well
What is the duration of each session ?
Usually about 45 minutes to an hour.
Do I need to bring anything to the appointment ?
Please bring any doctor’s referral letter, x-rays, MRIs
What do I wear ?
Loose, comfortable clothing would be appropriate.
Do you need to consult the doctor first before your first appointment
Generally, it is not necessary. You might want to if you need to claim insurance from your company or individual insurance policies. Please check with your relevant HR or insurance agent.
How many treatments do I have to undergo ?
It depends on a lot of factors like severity of conditions, history of injury, goal of individual patients, etc.